The internet is… well, huge. You can browse for hours on end – been there, done that – and here are some sites and/or discussion forums I have found useful. Why not pay them a visit?
- Analog Photography Users Group (APUG) The title says it all. Don’t miss the forum!
- Digital Photography Users Group (DPUG) Ditto.
- CameraLabs A site from down under. Reviews of contemporary gear, SLRs, 4/3ds, lenses and more… Note how the sun always shines in NZ!
- Fred Miranda A lively forum. The site claims to be specialized in Canon and Nikon but much else goes on in there too.
- Bob Atkins Large site with reviews of cameras, scanners, tripods… you name it. It’s there!
- LensTip A polish site with detailed and serious reviews of lenses. But first read this explanation.
- Digital Photography Review Well-known site with not only reviews but also news.
- LensRentals I recently stumbled onto this site. The company rents lenses (naah?) but also test the lenses and have reviews and a lovely blog, very interesting topics with a witty touch!
- Ken Rockwell A man with views and reviews. Huge site with his definite opinions on gear and answers to many “why’s”. Some people hate him, others think he is a clown or… quite like him. I think he has some very strong points here and there, specially his How To Take Better Pictures. Read it! Read it again! Repeat! Rinse!
I am old enough to miss out YouTube ever so often. Don’t do as I do, do as I say. YouTube is a treasure when it comes to photographic appareil.
- CameraLabs YouTube Channel where the editor Gordon Laing goes live. I find his opinions very reasonable and balanced.
- Robert White Photographic Ltd YouTube Channel Digital and film, cameras and lenses.